Charleston Classic Champs 💪🏻

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
cougar04

Charleston Classic Champs 💪🏻

Post by cougar04 »

I know I have maroon colored glasses. But I feel this team and Coach Kelsey are the real deal (%%&@, first time we’ve made the final). If positive results continue, we should be favored from here on out. I’m especially proud that we didn’t storm the court after such an emotional win over an ACC opponent. The team, and it’s fans, know we can belong. I hope this momentum continues. #OurCity #TheSix.

A quote from the VATech message boards to leave you with:
“He was on staff with Skip Prosser at Wake Forest, and when Prosser died Kelsey quit coaching because life is short. So when he came back he coached with a lot more emotion and even turned down a job at UMass because it didn't feel right leaving his community.

There are a lot of tools worth making fun of in coaching. Pat Kelsey isn't one of them...”

Go Cougars. On to the next.
Comp Time

Re: Charleston Classic Champs 💪🏻

Post by Comp Time »

Kelsey is building something special here. This team is tough as nails.
chuckie

Post by chuckie »

West Liberty says you're welcome. :D
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

Kelsey is gonna be courted this year. It's inevitable. He definitely doesn't seem like the Will Wade type, and i am cautiously hopeful he stays another year or two. I think any more is unrealistic. The good news is the two biggest programs that could pull at his heartstrings are Wake and Xavier and both have very established coaches that aren't gonna leave quickly.
bfs47

Post by bfs47 »

He stayed in Rock Hill for 9 years. Maybe home will be here for him. He seems to be a spiritual type of guy.
bojack

Post by bojack »

cougar04 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:18 am I’m especially proud that we didn’t storm the court after such an emotional win over an ACC opponent. The team, and it’s fans, know we can belong.
except for the fact that we have been bemoaning the student attendance and enthusiasm for the past 15yrs.
yesterday was a missed opportunity for the students to storm the court and cement a bond with the program.
its a rare oppurtunity for students and fans of any school to experience that.
we can drop the pretense of it having anything to do with "belonging".
have some fun, the coach certainly did. :D
not to mention, espn loves to show that extended coverage.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Think everyone knew, including the students, post tourney awards were to be passed out. Probably why court was not stormed immediately after game. Would loved to have seen it happen anyway? Hell with a sense of belonging. Just my opinion
You are who you are because you are who you want to be