Richmond

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
swampcougar1

Richmond

Post by swampcougar1 »

Tonight at home 7 pm start. 3 to 4 point dogs depending on site. Play their Earl Grant pace we will lose. Our best chance force them into up tempo game.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
swampcougar1

Re: Richmond

Post by swampcougar1 »

Do not care how it looked down the stretch. Very good win against a quality team. Faye coming on strong. A complete team win.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Richmond fans pissed about the flop calls and thought we should have had one called against us at the end of game. I watched again on flo and both the calls against them out player stopped and then they flopped.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Jaylon got bumped. Was not a flop.

Didn’t see the 3 point foul on Reyne well enough.

That 7 minute stretch in the second half was awful. Needed attention from the coaching staff in real time. Some terrible shots.
Barking Spider

Post by Barking Spider »

Best thing about the game was how the players responded at the end of the game and then doing just enough to win in overtime. They performed under pressure which is how you get better.

Only downside of the game was losing focus and turning the ball over under full court pressure. Plus rushing shots which allowed their 11-0 run to catch up. Once it was a ballgame the Cougars got their focus back. Easy win or delivering under pressure? I like delivering under pressure!
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

The thing that is killing us right now is guys not named Reyne are really struggling behind the arc
I posted this on the discord...
The non - Reyne shooters are struggling big time from three. Rae is shooting 0%(after being a 35% shooter in conference play last year)
Bolon 20%(hard to gauge him historically but it is definitely better than that)
Larson is shooting 11% after being a about a 40% shooter at Woodford the last two years
Burnham is down as well.

I noticed that Rae started either driving or passing off late in the game.
There definitely were some early shot clock contested threes that were really annoying (Larson and Ben) look like the biggest culprits, but a lot of the shots yesterday were great. No defender rhythm, open shots.
I don't know the solution we just have work through it.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Five minutes into the second half he missed a wide open 3 and didn't take another until the start of overtime. He missed that one which was also wide open and was subbed out, but with so many subs it's hard to tell if that's the reason but after about 10 seconds he was back at the scorers table to sub back in.