W&M

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
charlestondxman

W&M

Post by charlestondxman »

Another game giving us heart palpations. That is what they are good at. Lost a 15 point lead then got it back with what might have been a season saving shot by Meeks. 1-4 easily could have been 1-7 if we had lost that game.
swampcougar1

Re: W&M

Post by swampcougar1 »

Hopefully this game gives them a confidence boost.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

Meeks was about an inch from having a foot out of bounds on that last shot. My heart literally stopped when I saw that.
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

WM looked a lot better than a team that had zero D1 wins OOC. I tried to look at their stats. Looks like they are shooting a lot better and taking more shots in conference play. And man they are young. The whole squad is freshman and sophmores. That kid Lewis if he refines his game could be a beast.

I couldn't shake the thought that we looked a bit sluggish. Hope I'm wrong cause we still have a bunch of games coming.
Missed tons of bunnies, not as dominant as usual on the boards.

Really liked Reyne's game last night. He has started adjusting to his increased attention in conference. He is taking deeper threes and driving on guys a little more.

Raekwon is a bit of a slump. He air-balled an open three. Him and Faye played hot potato during one brief sequence that looked a bit absurd.

Definitely felt the guys played tight at the end like we expected a collapse to come. I hope the Meeks shot starts to change things.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

An encouraging stat. Over 60% of minutes played were players back next season.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
hungry

Post by hungry »

Gocougsgo said it half-time he was gonna be really mad if we lost. Whew!