Conference play

Keep discussions of baseball here.
swampcougar1

Conference play

Post by swampcougar1 »

Starts today. First up W&M at home. Can we turn this season around starting today? Stay tuned.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
swampcougar1

Re: Conference play

Post by swampcougar1 »

8 free bases today 5 of those 8 scored. Holbrook is terrible coach
Cougie Monster

Post by Cougie Monster »

Most USC fans I’ve talked to blame Holbrook for tanking their program. I personally never liked the hire. He failed at a school with way more resources than CofC, coming off back 2 back national championships. He was supposed to be the recruiting wiz so he can’t blame lack of talent for why USC sank so fast. Swing and a miss for Matt Roberts, who I otherwise like.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

Coach shakes up the pitching rotation and takes out Carr, our old Friday starter. Ty Good moves up to Friday and pitches a stellar game. Guess who the first guy in is tonight? Carr. Hasn’t hit the strike zone in several weeks. After he enters, 5 runs go up on the board and quickly. This just makes zero sense to me. The kid is now 0-3. We still can’t hit. This is turning into a calamity and we are only a few weeks in.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

GoCougsGo wrote:Coach shakes up the pitching rotation and takes out Carr, our old Friday starter. Ty Good moves up to Friday and pitches a stellar game. Guess who the first guy in is tonight? Carr. Hasn’t hit the strike zone in several weeks. After he enters, 5 runs go up on the board and quickly. This just makes zero sense to me. The kid is now 0-3. We still can’t hit. This is turning into a calamity and we are only a few weeks in.
That move putting Carr in was simply dumb. My thoughts when I saw that was we will lose this game. Why put a pitcher in late innings in tight game that has struggled virtually every appearance this season. Baseball right now is a dumpster fire.
charlestondxman

Post by charlestondxman »

Don’t disagree with any of that. Was sitting with a W&M fan (since there are so few seats available) and even he was shaking his head.

Only the top 2 teams in each division are guaranteed conference tournament bids this year. The other two bids are at-larges. Who knows how that is going to shake out.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

Great to get two wins but man, that Friday game still burns me up.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Two decent games yesterday. Ugly Fri game took some of the glimmer away from yesterday. No more conference play for 2 weeks.