Program thoughts....

Keep discussions of baseball here.
upstatecougar

Program thoughts....

Post by upstatecougar »

Understand season very early but anyone else a bit concerned? Are we headed in wrong direction?
swampcougar1

Re: Program thoughts....

Post by swampcougar1 »

Mid week pitching is weak to say the least. So far weekend pitching very adequate and so far a good closer
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
Lonestar

Post by Lonestar »

No doubt that mid-week pitching is a problem. That said, many of these pitchers, though not all, are true freshman. Hopefully, the freshman will improve as the season progresses. One positive is the offense has improved greatly. They have hit most of the pitching really hard on both weekends and mid-week. In the past, when we faced bigger schools pitching, the offense struggled.

The team is inconsistent and much of the pitching staff remains a concern, but there are positives too.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

We better have a 10 run lead when middle relief comes in because that is our weak spot on the weekends. I'm not sure we win many midweek games because we have no experienced pitchers that are available on tuesdays and Wednesday's.
We have a tough week against ECU (2 L's which were expected) and a tough Kent state team. It doesn't get any easier with Clemson and a strong anebraska team next weekend.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

One thing is clear is we are raking much better at the plate. I still think we need a pitching coach to take some pressure off of Heater. I know pitching has always been his baby but he's got two tough jobs.