Patriot's Point

charlestondxman

Patriot's Point

Post by charlestondxman »

Apparently something is going on with the Patriot's Point soccer stadium. The women's games this weekend were held at Blackbaud Stadium, and the men's opening weekend games slated for Friday and Sunday have been moved there as well.

I don't know what is happening.
maroon96

Re: Patriot's Point

Post by maroon96 »

charlestondxman wrote:Apparently something is going on with the Patriot's Point soccer stadium. The women's games this weekend were held at Blackbaud Stadium, and the men's opening weekend games slated for Friday and Sunday have been moved there as well.

I don't know what is happening.

Supposedly the rain has ruined it. Its very odd that the public soccer fields at patriots are in perfect shape. Who dropped the ball at the college is the question.
coug91

Post by coug91 »

I heard they tried to lay some new sod a few weeks ago and it didn't take.
I would say its a screwup! The "little things" in our athletics dept. aren't getting
done and it is becoming more and more apparent!!
maroon96

Post by maroon96 »

coug91 wrote:I heard they tried to lay some new sod a few weeks ago and it didn't take.
I would say its a screwup! The "little things" in our athletics dept. aren't getting
done and it is becoming more and more apparent!!
Interesting, wonder why that wasn't done last spring when they still had some wiggle room & better temps.
charlestondxman

They lost Friday night to one of the top teams in nation, UCSB, and play today against Seattle.
charlestondxman

What was supposed to be the first match at the Point this season against Furman has been cancelled tonight due to rain. Yes, soccer. Cancelled.

Only seven home matches all season and already three of them have been affected by weather.