Pres. Benson retiring next year

Keep discussion unrelated to the Cougars here.
hungry

Pres. Benson retiring next year

Post by hungry »

Dear Members of the Campus Community:

Today I am formally announcing my plans to conclude my service as president of the College of Charleston and to return to the classroom as a member of the faculty. My last day as president will be June 30, 2014.

On Friday, I will ask our Board of Trustees to launch a search for the next president of the College, with the goal of having him or her in place by next July.

While I will be 68 years old by the time I step down, I am energized and excited by the opportunity to teach again. I will also continue to work for the success of the College’s comprehensive fundraising campaign.

It has been and continues to be my honor and privilege to work side by side with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of this great institution. I look forward to being a part of the Charleston community for many years to come.

In about three weeks, the cycle of learning begins again as we welcome the Class of 2017 to the most beautiful urban campus in America, and introduce our newest class to the unique, student-centered culture of the College. We are all so fortunate to have the opportunity to shape and nurture the lives of so many terrific students. And, I might add, we do it extremely well! My thanks to all of you ¬¬–¬¬– students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends –¬¬– for all that you’ve done and all that you’re doing to make the College such a special learning environment!

For more information about my announcement, please click here to see the press release.

Warm regards,

George

P. George Benson
GoCougsGo

Re: Pres. Benson retiring next year

Post by GoCougsGo »

Best wishes to President Benson on his fight with Lyme's Disease. My Dad has it and it has been no easy fight.