GSUStudentEagle

This is the place to talk smack.
Cougars2357

GSUStudentEagle

Post by Cougars2357 »

Facts of the debate

1) GSUStudentEagle can't manage money.

2) GSUStudentEagle can't distinguish between football and basketball.

3) GSUStudentEagle fails to interpret sarcasm, even in its dripping form.

4) GSUStudentEagle STILL doesn't understand his irrelevance, even at the expense of any dignity he has left on this board!

I will give you this, you are as entertaining as Chris Rock!
GSUStudentEagle

Post by GSUStudentEagle »

Eh, I didn't see this until now.

1) It's not that I don't manage money, it's that I don't have any to manage. What little I do have, I use mostly to survive.

2) Sure I do. For instance, I know that GSU will field both a better football team and a better basketball team than CofC in 2005.

3) What's sarcasm?

4) Oh God! No dignity from Charleston fans?! Shame! Oh God, the Shame!

The only facts that matter:

1) GSU will get a higher seed for the conference tourney this year

2) You guys know it, and as such, it took more than three days for someone to take a $20 bet. I mean, if you guys manage money so well, you should have plenty to make side bets with. Further evidence that you guys know I'm right.
I am THE creator of "The Hamster" nickname!
Cougar72

Post by Cougar72 »

You guys know it, and as such, it took more than three days for someone to take a $20 bet. I mean, if you guys manage money so well, you should have plenty to make side bets with. Further evidence that you guys know I'm right.
Or that some of us will not place illegal bets on NCAA sports and be dumb enough to leave a trail of it on the web. Maybe try something like the loser has to make a $20 contribution to the other school's foundation or booster club, entitling them to endless mail solicitations from the opposing program. It's something I've done in the past with some of my Citadel friends during baseball season.
GSUStudentEagle

Post by GSUStudentEagle »

Cougar72 wrote:
You guys know it, and as such, it took more than three days for someone to take a $20 bet. I mean, if you guys manage money so well, you should have plenty to make side bets with. Further evidence that you guys know I'm right.
Or that some of us will not place illegal bets on NCAA sports and be dumb enough to leave a trail of it on the web. Maybe try something like the loser has to make a $20 contribution to the other school's foundation or booster club, entitling them to endless mail solicitations from the opposing program. It's something I've done in the past with some of my Citadel friends during baseball season.
Something tells me that the police have bigger fish to fry than a college student in his dorm room wagering $20 every once in a blue moon. If not, they know where I live.
I am THE creator of "The Hamster" nickname!
Cougar72

Post by Cougar72 »

It's not you I'm refering to, or the police for that matter. I can't speak for the others who post here, but for professional reasons I'm not placing a bet w/ a college kid on sports over the web.

But even if I would, I honestly couldn't care less about the proposed wager at hand.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Anyone who bets on low major college basketball games should have his head examined.
Consider the variables ...

1) Often mediocre coaching.
2) Wacko travel arrangements and facilities.
3) Overrated (in their minds anyway) players.
4) On-the-job trainees as officials.
5) Injuries (which point to most teams' lack of depth).

Yup, I really want to bet on a CofC vs. GSU basketball game, featuring ...

1) The classic and much anticipated Herrion/Price chess match;
2) Idiot student sections chanting inane vulgarities;
3) Lineups of players "somehow" overlooked by UNC, Arizona and UConn;
4) Homer and Jethro officiating; and
5) Each team's 10th-best player taking the final shot.
VolleyBallCoug

Post by VolleyBallCoug »

Seen, you missed the reason why a college student who thinks he knows everything makes a bet. He offers up the bet, if nobody takes it, he is correct and wins the argument. It has nothing to do with being right or wrong or any sane logic whatsoever. You are right about it being low major basketball. Davidson may be playing at a mid-major level but the rest of the schools in the SOCON are not.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Point well taken. I guess I stopped worrying about whose dick is bigger years ago.