(Cougar-less) College World Series thread

Keep discussion unrelated to the Cougars here.
samwithans

(Cougar-less) College World Series thread

Post by samwithans »

Wanted to get this going, not sure if this is the right place, but here goes...

Man what a great weekend of ballgames this past weekend. It was great to see USC get back to Omaha and (being a Tarheel/ACC fan since I was a kid) seeing UNC and UVA punch their tickets as well. And that UVA come-from-behind-walk-off single today was ridiculous.

Anyway, just a place to post thoughts as the CWS gets going next weekend.

WHO YA GOT??
GoCougsGo

Re: (Cougar-less) College World Series thread

Post by GoCougsGo »

This Vanderbilt team looks pretty scary. I think UNC and Texas are most vulnerable. I thought Texas got some serious home cookin' from the umps that got them through. Arizona State was the real winner of that super regional. Incidentally, the umpire that made 3 bad calls in Texas' favor was the same umpire that screwed us last year in Myrtle Beach. I think it will be Vanderbilt and Florida that come out of bracket #1 and it's a toss up who wins. They both of the bats and pitching so I really don't know where to pick.

Bracket #2 is by far the toughest. Cal, USC, Texas A&M and UVA. Cal, the surprise cinderella pick, will have the Omaha crowd behind them. Going from extinction after this year to reinstatement all the way to the College World Series is just incredible. UVA is VERY good but as UCI showed, UVA is very vulnerable. They know how to work the plate so it will take some crafty pitching to keep them held at bay. As much as I want to USC win it again, I just don't see it happening. Texas A&M should have been a national seed over Rice and they showed why over the course of the regionals and the supers. I think it will be Texas A&M and UVA coming out of bracket #2 with Texas A&M pulling off the upset.

So, out on a limb, im going to take A&M and Vanderbilt in the final where it should go 3 games with Vandy coming out on top.
swampcougar1

Re: (Cougar-less) College World Series thread

Post by swampcougar1 »

The best pitching and defense won it again as usually happens. Defense is the best thing for any sport. Gives you a chance to win even with an anemic offense
You are who you are because you are who you want to be