Charleston

Keep discussion unrelated to the Cougars here.
Coasty14

Charleston

Post by Coasty14 »

Hey Fellas, I'm a recent graduate from Mississippi State. I plan on moving to Charleston sometime in the near future either getting a job being a waiter or if I'm lucky the government (I know thats a huge disparity). Anyways, I have no clue about Charleston. I ve heard many good things about it like culture, people, etc..., but I have no clue about the town, apartments, cost of living, nightlife etc... Could yall reccomend parts of the town to live in for people my age (I'm 22), apartment reccomendations, average rent, things to do, hows the nightlife?,

I know this isn't a basketball subject but I knew I would get the most responses on this particular forum. Anyways thanks for the help.
hungry

Re: Charleston

Post by hungry »

You'll get lots of good suggestions. Start with http://www.charleston.net
charlestongrad06

Re: Charleston

Post by charlestongrad06 »

Coasty14 wrote:Hey Fellas, I'm a recent graduate from Mississippi State. I plan on moving to Charleston sometime in the near future either getting a job being a waiter or if I'm lucky the government (I know thats a huge disparity). Anyways, I have no clue about Charleston. I ve heard many good things about it like culture, people, etc..., but I have no clue about the town, apartments, cost of living, nightlife etc... Could yall reccomend parts of the town to live in for people my age (I'm 22), apartment reccomendations, average rent, things to do, hows the nightlife?,

I know this isn't a basketball subject but I knew I would get the most responses on this particular forum. Anyways thanks for the help.
I lived in West Ashley(Middleton Cove Apartments) and I thought it was great. WA is quiet, but you are only 15 minutes drive from downtown. There is TONS to do downtown. Go to the Market, and along King Street for some great bars and places to eat. Also, Mount Pleasant has some good bars and places to eat along the main roadway after the bridge(name is failing me). Mount P is a nice place to live too, but a little more expensive. West Ashley was like 600 for a one bedroom; Mount P is probably 100-150 more. Downtown is a great place to live but more in the 900-1000 range.

James Island, Johns Island, are good places to live too.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best, English Football Legend