What happened to the Cats?

This is the place to talk smack.
barback02

What happened to the Cats?

Post by barback02 »

Whatever happened to Western Carolina challenging us this year? They are now 7-5 after lossing to Mercer tonight.

Maybe we can get lucky and hear from "The Cat" again......

Go Cougars!
"You think I like avoiding my wife and kids to hangout with nineteen year old girls everyday?"
gocougars2005

Post by gocougars2005 »

Yeah aren't they the most awesome baseball program in SoCon history?
JoeCougar79

Post by JoeCougar79 »

not taking up for WC, but WE lost to CSU, doesn't that sound familiar(another sport),

it is a long season...56 games...lets hope that one loss to a bad team does not matter...
gocougars2005

Post by gocougars2005 »

warrennolan.com has the SoCon as the 8th best conference in baseball. SEC is #1. Charleston has an RPI of 39, Furman is at 47. WCU is at 77.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/200 ... e/Southern
The Cats

Re: What happened to the Cats?

Post by The Cats »

barback02 wrote:Whatever happened to Western Carolina challenging us this year? They are now 7-5 after lossing to Mercer tonight.

Go Cougars!
I'm still here. Your win over SC has made you bold since Charleston Southern kicked your butt 17-9. I could have been here to rag you about it when it happend, but I knew it's just one game in a long season, but you couldn't resist after your great wins over stony brook, cleveland state, savannah state & towson.

Western has some good wins over ranked teams, NC State and GA Tech and its a long season, so lets see what happens after a few more than 12 games.

By the way, if you check out your SC game thread, you'll also see I was here to say "good win" on the SC game. So, I'm checking your board out, just may not be posting. But, thanks for thinking of me......
Last edited by The Cats on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeCougar79

Post by JoeCougar79 »

The Cats wrote:
barback02 wrote:Whatever happened to Western Carolina challenging us this year? They are now 7-5 after lossing to Mercer tonight.

Go Cougars!
I'm still here. Your win over SC has made you bold since Charleston Southern kicked your butt 17-9. I could have been here to rag you about it when it happend, but I knew it's just one game in a long season, but you couldn't resist after your great wins over stony brook, cleveland state, savannah state & towson.

Western has some good wins over ranked teams, NC State and GA Tech and its a long season, so lets see what happens after a few more than 12 games.

exactlt Cats....

It's a LONG season..we are only at game 12 of 56
barback02

Post by barback02 »

The Cats wrote:

Go Cougars!

By the way, if you check out your SC game thread, you'll also see I was here to say "good win" on the SC game. So, I'm checking your board out, just may not be posting. But, thanks for thinking of me......
First off, I am giving you a hard time after you came on our board to inform us of how your cats are going to tear up the Socon and take our title.

Next, we also beat CSU, so we are 1-1 against them and not 0-1.

Next, it wasn't all those teams that you listed that made me come here and say something to you. It wasn't even our win against USC. It was more to the fact that your team is currently 7-5 and most of your loses come to the hands of mediocre teams.

Finally, beating G.Tech and N.C. State isn't on the same level as our win over USC. USC was the #2 team in the country coming off a sweep of powerhouse Clemson. State was what, #25 when you played them? So there is case that maybe they shouldn't have even been ranked yet. And G.Tech, we all know they shouldn't be ranked right now. How they are still in the Top 30 with an 8-6 record, a RPI in the 80's, and an ISR in the 120's, I will never know. History plays a part, I guess.

Good luck with your season, but don't expect me not to call you on your wins and loses after your preseason trip to our board claiming OUR championship trophey!

Go Cougars!
"You think I like avoiding my wife and kids to hangout with nineteen year old girls everyday?"
The Cats

Post by The Cats »

barback02 wrote:...but don't expect me not to call you on your wins and loses...
Since you feel that way, I guess you don't mind me calling you out on YOUR wins and loses.

Speaking of loses, I think CoC lost today to Texas-SA. By the way, the Roadrunners are 4-9 on the season (now 5-9). Way to carry the SoCon banner to Southland's West Division LAST place team.
eagleskins

Post by eagleskins »

Nice game guys.
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

eagleskins wrote:Nice game guys.
How'd that quarterfinal at the Barn last week work for you? Nice prediction of running us out of the gym. Pathetic little troll.
hungry

Post by hungry »

It's too bad Lynn blew Chigges nice start.
The Cats

Post by The Cats »

barback02 wrote:but don't expect me not to call you on your wins and loses
Wait a minute, was that ANOTHER loss to Texas-SA?

By the way, the Roadrunners are now 6-9 thanks to CoC. Way to carry the SoCon banner to Southland's West Division LAST place team. Looks like a sweep for Texas-SA
eagleskins

Post by eagleskins »

chascougs wrote:
How'd that quarterfinal at the Barn last week work for you? Nice prediction of running us out of the gym. Pathetic little troll.
Congrats. CofC has now won 3 out of the last 10 games against GSU. You are sitting home now, same as us.
GoCougs02

Post by GoCougs02 »

eagleskins wrote:
chascougs wrote:
Congrats. CofC has now won 3 out of the last 10 games against GSU. You are sitting home now, same as us.
Yeah but we beat you when it mattered.

All of the games this year against you guys were good games and I expect that from our teams and South Division rivalries.

It appears there was some parity finally in our games this year. We dominated you guys for the 1st few years then you dominated us. Hopefully good games will continue...

As for baseball, I expect some hotly contested battles this year. Several solid teams in the SoCon. We have some good baseball this coming weekend against WC. Hopefully we come out on top. Not ready to hand our trophy over to The Cats just yet.... :wink:
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

eagleskins wrote:
chascougs wrote:
Once again your ignorance is astounding
2006-2007 season
1/15/07 CofC 67-rednecks 64
2/24/07 Rednecks74-CofC 65
3/2/07 CofC 77-Rednecks 66

2005-2006 season
1/9/06 Rednecks71-CofC68
2/13/07 Rednecks91-CofC 79

2004-2005 season
1/10/05 Rednecks90-CofC72
1/29/05 CofC71-Rednecks64

2003-2004 season
1/24/04 Rednecks85-CofC80
2/18/04 Rednecks82-CofC76

2002-2003 season
2/1/03 CofC84-Rednecks79
3/1/03 CofC73-Rednecks71
3/6/03 CofC67-Rednecks53

I don't know how ya'll cipher in Hooterville but here in Charleston where it's not okay to marry your sister that adds up to CofC winning 6 out of the last 12. GSU has swept the season series 2 years (05-06 and 03-04), we have split 06-07, 04-05, and we swept 02-03. More importantly, the 2 times we met in the tournament we are 2-0 with a combined winning margin of 23 points. I went back to the beginning of the Herrion years because to use the John Kresse record against Price would skew the results to the Cougars side. I'm still waiting for an argument for Louis Graham..... (sound of crickets). BTW at the end of this week all but the Sweet 16 and however many left in NIT will also be sitting at home, at least we got to play a couple of more meaningful games this year and it was so sweet running your asses out of the NCC.
Last edited by chascougs on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cats

Post by The Cats »

gocougars2005 wrote:Yeah aren't they the most awesome baseball program in SoCon history?
"The Cougars salvaged the final game of the series..."

It took 10 innings & just missed being swept against a 6-10 team that is in last place in the "powerhouse" Southland Conference.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

What I find kind of funny is the reason one SoCon insider cited when talking about the prospective addition of Samford (as opposed to Coastal Carolina) to the conference roster. That is ...
"Some people in the conference didn't want another Georgia Southern."
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Something about "too many Waffle Houses" per capita.
GoCougs02

Post by GoCougs02 »

The Cats wrote:
gocougars2005 wrote:Yeah aren't they the most awesome baseball program in SoCon history?

It took 10 innings & just missed being swept against a 6-10 team that is in last place in the "powerhouse" Southland Conference.
Yeah we had one bad series. Didn't you say yourself that it's a long season? A couple of games don't make or break your season.

We'll settle this on the field the w/e of the 23rd.
The Cats

Post by The Cats »

GoCougs02 wrote:
The Cats wrote:

Yeah we had one bad series. Didn't you say yourself that it's a long season? A couple of games don't make or break your season.

Yeah, I'm getting excited about that weekend. You're right, it is a long season and both teams should have fine seasons. If we can take two of three, I'll be thrilled (of course a Western sweep would work too).

The only reason I kept posting was barback02's post calling me out on Western's loses (turn about is only fair). Good Luck, except when you play the Catamounts.
GoCougs02

Post by GoCougs02 »

The Cats wrote:
GoCougs02 wrote:
The Cats wrote: "The Cougars salvaged the final game of the series..."

Yeah, I'm getting excited about that weekend. You're right, it is a long season and both teams should have fine seasons. If we can take two of three, I'll be thrilled (of course a Western sweep would work too).

The only reason I kept posting was barback02's post calling me out on Western's loses (turn about is only fair). Good Luck, except when you play the Catamounts.
Yeah it should be a fine weekend of baseball. It sux that I have to miss it though. I'll actually be near Cullowhee for some festivities.

Good luck to you guys as well. Except for when you play the Cougs....
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

How can a Western fan talk any trash on our board at this point? Western's record against us over the last three seasons.... 2-9. Last time I checked, that's called getting owned. If we want to go back further, Western's all time record against the Cougars... 9-21.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

While his father still occasionally "talks trash," my son USED TO. Then he turned 12.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Seenitall55 wrote:While his father still occasionally "talks trash," my son USED TO. Then he turned 12.
Our Granddaughter talked so much trash at Wofford the Wofford ushers moved us to a better seat. Not bad for an 8 year old
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

My experience with trash talking is that its most ardent practitioners are:
Children -- no repercussion.
Drunken college students -- who cares if they get stomped?
Adults -- in search of a life.
Funny, humorous heckling? Two thumbs up.
Trash talk? For trash people.
I'm always a bit embarrassed when I take that route myself.