Chascougs or anyone

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
swampcougar1

Chascougs or anyone

Post by swampcougar1 »

Would you have to get permission to pass out flyers for this site as people were going in the game?
cofcxc

Well...

Post by cofcxc »

As an attorney I can say with some certainty that nothing (essentially) would prevent you from giving them away on the street outside the arena.

As for inside, as informally as our program is run, I'm sure you would probably need to get permission from someone. They do take money from advertisers to have access to the crowd. Maybe Anita with the Cougar Club could point you to the right person, if she's not. I'd imagine that they wouldn't mind especially if couched in the idea that you were a supportive alumni or member of the Cougar Club etc., and that personal gain wasn't a priority.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Damn! Swamp. You're really pumped about the site.

I wouldn't worry about the flyers though, I think most people that would be interested in using it won't have much of a problem finding it. Although, it would be nice to get a quick jump in traffic and have more people posting.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

EGO it is amazing how many fans are not even aware of sports boards for fan talk on the internet. I would guess 70% have no clue
cofcgrad02

Distributing Flyers

Post by cofcgrad02 »

Well, I can tell you this much: I was always bombarded by individuals handing out flyers around campus when I was a student there, and no administrative official/CofC campus police ever said a darn word. One day some wacko was screaming at people about the apocalypse or something and passing out literature at the corner of George and Calhoun, and again, nothing was done. Apparently you have to be TOTALLY WHACKED to get a public nuisance charge brought against you by the po-lice.

A gentleman/gentlemen handing out flyers advertising a fan site outside the basketball arena... yeah, somehow I doubt this would ruffle any feathers considering everything I just mentioned above.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

I just like to do something right if I do it. I would rather have their blessings ahead of time. That way if this board can get going with a lot of posters maybe it would be privy to up to th minute news concerning the Cougars