Seenitall55

This is the place to talk smack.
WaCougar

Seenitall55

Post by WaCougar »

You know for some time now, I have been reading the post on this site. I find some to be very insightful and some to be very funny. All and all, I think that the consensus is that we all love Cougar basketball. But am i the only person that seems to think that Seenitall55 is a sad old man who always has something negative to say?
I know who he is and i think it is sad that he never has anything good to say. You would think that he is the next coming of a basketball savior. I cant believe that UNC, Duke or UCONN have not called yet. I know that he wrote a book with Coach Kresse and that is fine and dandy, but geez...who does he think he is? It seems like when he was "removed" from the program, he just went on a barrage to insult everyone from President Higdon to the janitor. We all know that mistakes were made, but i am glad that he is so perfect that he can criticize every decision.
If CofC is so bad, then cheer for someone else! I know this is a fan website and a forum to express your frustrations, but please say something positive. Players read this board and you dont help by being negative. Coach Kresse is the greatest, but he had flaws too. He had some shady recruits as did Herrion and I NEVER read you talking about that. If you are going to be fair, then be fair. I guess what we need is Seenitall55 to be president of school, athletic director, head basketball coach, radio announcer and SoCon commish.
Either you are with us or not!
cofcbball3

Post by cofcbball3 »

I feel ya dawg
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

First, this is a garbage topic. This is the same way people act towards me when I don't agree with the board. Seenitall is one of the two or three most inside-basketball insightful people on the board. What, just because he isn't going to be blindly optomistic about Cremins' hiring and the problems that may be around he isn't a fan of the program? If you don't agree with him, post on the same threads like I do and debate the issues.
WaCougar wrote: He had some shady recruits as did Herrion and I NEVER read you talking about that. If you are going to be fair, then be fair.
Ummm....obviously you HAVE NOT been reading the posts and been around a while. I believe there have been VERY frequent discussions about Kresse's problem recruits/thugs.
WaCougar

Post by WaCougar »

I agree with you DPM! All that i am saying is that some of the stuff that Seenitall says is correct, but if he really cares about the program, he might try being a "little" positive. He knows his stuff, but he does not know everything. He seems to have ALL of the answers. You seem to be intelligent and you have opinion, but you dont know everything just like i dont. I just say, dont make it seem like everything that happened b4 TH was gravy! Don't hate, congratulate. Something has to be good with the program right?
cofcgrad02

Post by cofcgrad02 »

WaCougar wrote:I agree with you DPM! All that i am saying is that some of the stuff that Seenitall says is correct, but if he really cares about the program, he might try being a "little" positive. He knows his stuff, but he does not know everything. He seems to have ALL of the answers. You seem to be intelligent and you have opinion, but you dont know everything just like i dont. I just say, dont make it seem like everything that happened b4 TH was gravy! Don't hate, congratulate. Something has to be good with the program right?
Seenitall got blasted by a bunch of posters when he absolutely dismissed the Herrion hire as a sham as soon as it became public. He got REALLY blasted when TH won the GAS in '02 and it seemed like things were actually on the right track. Then, lo and behold, everything he had surmised would occur during the Herrion era (player defections, major character/academic problems, coaching incompetence, cronyism, etc.) did indeed occur.

Now, I'm generally pretty positive about Cremins coming to town and believe he'll do a very good job in returning the program to respectability. But I can't completely dismiss Seenitall's perspective on the matter because he was dead right the last time; to write off everything he says as the bloviating of a "sad old man" or what have seems foolish in that light.
WaCougar

Post by WaCougar »

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON SEENITALL55! Please dont confuse it. I said that he has been right sometime, but not ALL the time. And no one is. I am just saying that because of his basketball knowledge, he nneds to careful of what he says.
Lets say this...what if a player that Seenitall would approve of is interested in CofC. He comes on this board and blast EVERYTHING about the College. Why would he come here? No one is saying that he is not right most of the time, it just the way he comes off. I dont know if he is mad at everyone because the school wants nothing to do with him or what, but it seems like he has an agenda against anyone and everything affiliated with the college.
I enjoy his post, sometimes, and other times it is just a shame. He is a fan of the game and has a wealth of knowledge. But he is just negative 99% of the time. If you love the College, do things that will help it get back to its superior heights instead of always sticking out your chest and saying, "I told you so."

I can point out character problems with the program when he was involved or some of the players that were brought on campus. It happens people. This is college athletics. You never know. Someone that you think is a great person, comes from a solid home and has never been in trouble gets in trouble just as easy as some who has a troubled past. EVERY kid that you sign, you are taking a chance on.

I think that is the biggest problem i have with Seenitall. The picture he paints is that everything was perfect b4 TH got here and now everything is chicken poop.

Not going to tell you how to think or post, but if you really LOVE the Cougs, then rally not throw stones!
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Seenitalls comments are tame in comparasion to some fan boards. I am talking about big schools with many more fans posting than here. I have never seen this affect their recruiting. I think most know what is expressed on fan boards are opinions for the most part and a recruits decision is not based on fan opinions. It is based on the coach, school, facilities and their chances in their own minds of becoming a starter. Seenitall is more than willing to discuss anything anyone disagrees with him in an itelligent way. Sadly some, and I am not saying you, can not discuss anything. My favorite from those is you know nothing or you are not a real fan. Comments like that go in the ignore box. That being said I think it is time to come together as fans and support the Cougars now that the reason for the divisiveness is history. This program went way down and it is time for all to help pull it back up including the fans
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was literally the only person on one end of the issue before Herrion was dismissed, but Seenitall and I could always have respectful, intelligent disagreements and discussions.
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

You say this is not personal yet you call out a member by name :roll: You say we never discussed the shortcomings of JK, you obviously haven't been around very long. I remember SIA coming on the old ESPN board talking about poor descions (the cowtowing to Jeff Bolton for one). Might want to do some research before posting a personal attack, just a suggestion.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Ain't love wonderful?
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Besides, I'm not THAT old.
As regards being president of CofC, if nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.
As regards being AD ... doesn't pay enough.
Head coach? Well, at least we know THAT job pays enough. Even when you get fired, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Radio? DEFINITELY doesn't pay enough. Besides, times have changed. Listeners want an obvious homer, and I'm not that.
All kidding aside ...
If you want soft ice cream with sprinkles and mindless high-fiving, may I suggest Clyde's Kids.
In my experience, positive means NOTHING without negative.
If my comments tend toward the latter, it probably reflects my disapppointment -- OK, "sadness" -- over the absolute mismanagement of a once-proud program.
Yes, I do hold Tom Herrion, Lee Higdon and (to a lesser extent, because he's relatively powerless) Jerry Baker responsible.
Don't you?
Am I hopeful that Cremins can get things back on track? Sure. Will I be at games? Sure. Will I support good decisions? Absolutely. Will I rail about bad ones? Just as absolutely.
Everyone here is free to disagree with me ... as 99% did back in the early days of our "Herrion Addiction."
By the way, what marketing genius thought THAT one up?