Website issues

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
GACoug
Site Admin

Website issues

Post by GACoug »

I'm sorry for the website issues the last week and a half. The site got hacked and was used to send out tons a spam emails. So the site was shutdown by the hosting company. I wanted to try to save all of the old posts, so it took me a while to get everything back up and running (mostly because I had a lot of stuff going on and couldn't dedicate the time I needed to getting it all fixed). Anyways we should be good but I'll be updating the software that runs the boards to the most recent version of the next week or so. The current format isn't compatible with the new one so the switch will end in a completely different look for the boards. I'm going to do it to a test database before going live, but it will likely end up with some changes/issues that I just won't be able to anticipate. I may end up having to force re-authentication for all users, so make sure your email is current.

Cheers!
matrojan

Re: Website issues

Post by matrojan »

Thanks man
Anything I can do to help. It seems the spam bots are relentless. I constantly delete/ban and even with that it they come right back.

Also if you need me to kick some cash in for stuff let me know. With venmo/paypal and stuff it seems pretty easy to do that.

Martin
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Thanks, the new boards will come with extra bot protection, I had done some server configuration that helped previously, but that got lost in the reset. I'll be testing the update this weekend on a test board, and then when I think all is good I'll go live with it. Probably wait until end of basketball season just do backwards aren't down during the tournament.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

GACoug wrote:I'm sorry for the website issues the last week and a half. The site got hacked and was used to send out tons a spam emails. So the site was shutdown by the hosting company. I wanted to try to save all of the old posts, so it took me a while to get everything back up and running (mostly because I had a lot of stuff going on and couldn't dedicate the time I needed to getting it all fixed). Anyways we should be good but I'll be updating the software that runs the boards to the most recent version of the next week or so. The current format isn't compatible with the new one so the switch will end in a completely different look for the boards. I'm going to do it to a test database before going live, but it will likely end up with some changes/issues that I just won't be able to anticipate. I may end up having to force re-authentication for all users, so make sure your email is current.

Cheers!
Thanks for doing thankless work.
I can help with some funding.

I am sure my email is ole....don't see where to change it.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Go to user control panel link above. Then click on profile and then account settings. You can change the email there.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Had to go ahead and force the upgrade today. I will get around to formatting changes so we get the old colors and site logo back at a later time. The chat is going to be disabled for a while. The site got hacked again and I'm not sure if they were getting in via the Chat or the old forum software.
Barking Spider

Post by Barking Spider »

Thank you for everything you do. I really enjoy this website.