UNCW

Keep discussions of baseball here.
swampcougar1

UNCW

Post by swampcougar1 »

This weekend their home. To have a chance to win div and get first round tourney bye we need to win at least 1. They sweep us they are div champs no matter what we do against Elon. This is their last conference games
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
GoCougsGo

Re: UNCW

Post by GoCougsGo »

I think we get one this weekend. I don’t think we sweep like we did earlier in the year. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes. The shake up on the mound seemed to be helpful last weekend. As long as we don’t go to Carr until Sunday, we should be fine.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

GoCougsGo wrote:I think we get one this weekend. I don’t think we sweep like we did earlier in the year. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes. The shake up on the mound seemed to be helpful last weekend. As long as we don’t go to Carr until Sunday, we should be fine.
Have little faith in our coaching. I know we won but saw some really stupid coaching against Citadel
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Two more chances to win 1 and have chance for bye. They were simply the better team today
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

We gave this one away today. Showed why we are in bottom half rpi in the country. Please tell me our illustrious pitcher who came here last year as a grad tx is not coming back next year.
PS: Covid is not an excuse.for our team. All other teams faced it also.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

I seriously hope they send him on his way. He didn’t take the loss today because he entered with a runner on base which Good was responsible for.
It’s just astounding to me how they keep going with the kid. Do we not have other relievers that can be looked to in game saving situations?

With the loss today, we miss the bye. We had to win 2. Not one.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

A win tomorrow and 2 against Elon our winning percentage would be .583. UNCW would have a win percentage of .571 if they lose tomorrow so if we win tomorrow we still have a chance. UNCW has no conference games left.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

This team is going to have to score at least 10 runs in the first four innings in order to hold onto a lead/game. Went into the bottom of the eighth with a 4 to 2 lead. Our starter was still throwing And got in trouble. A single with the bases-loaded tied the game. Starting pitcher finally gets polled. Five pictures later, we give up a grand slam. We must lead the league on the number of grand slams we give up this year
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Our coaching sucks. Swept. Our coaches suck.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

I can’t help but wonder how many kids we lose because of the boneheaded decisions by our coaching staff this year. A shame as Coach Nichols is really getting some production out of his hitters each at different times. But man, we have a severe pitching problem. A problem like we haven’t seen in a very long time.
charlestondxman

Post by charlestondxman »

Yup. They’re good for one bad baserunning mistake every game. And this team is so Jekyll and Hyde. Look what they did against W&M, then struggle against a terrible Citadel team and this weekend. They can’t put it together for a two week stretch.

Let’s hope the next two week stretch they can, or it will be a short stay in Wilmington.
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

I’d be shocked if this team made past the first day. It is official that UNCW clinched the bye for the south division. The best opportunity we have is to stay in the UNCW side of the bracket. No one is going to get past the NE pitching staff this year
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

The way our pitching staff is handled is horrific. Let a freshman stay in with a high pitch count stay in until the other team rallies to tie or go ahead and then put in a reliever that has stopped no one 9 out of 10 tries is just stupid.
Leadoff batter gets first inning double with decent hitters following and give them an out sacrificing the runner to third. Plain dumb baseball.
I could Go on with stupid coaching I have seen from Holbrook but wasting my time. They will use covid as an excuse not to fire although all other teams had this same issue.
Only couple players on this team not his recruits. If they are this bad call it piss poor recruiting. That combined with dumb coaching puts you in bottom half rpi in country