Glen McConnell selected as next CofC President

Keep discussion unrelated to the Cougars here.
GoCougsGo

Glen McConnell selected as next CofC President

Post by GoCougsGo »

Get ready to celebrate Confederate Memorial Holiday loud and proud now that this dingbat has been selected. Totally hosejob
charlestondxman

Re: Glen McConnell selected as next CofC President

Post by charlestondxman »

It was a BOT decision. But nobody is giving him a chance. We'll have to see how he does.
Comp Time

Post by Comp Time »

During this process, I refused to believe the conspiracy theorists, media, and bloggers that this whole process was nothing more than a charade and that Glenn had already been hand-picked. Having watched very closely the whole process, those folks were right. The fix was in from the very beginning. The BOT ignored the search committee, faculty feedback, student feedback, alumni feedback, and community feedback; they selected the guy the legislature hand-picked months ago. Sadly, it now appears as though the whole process was nothing more than a farce and charade to make the CofC family feel like they had input. The final outcome had been determined long ago.
smydauf

Post by smydauf »

Never been so disappointed in my alma mater. Dark, dark day for the College: reduced to a pawn in SC politics. We used to be above all this.
I don't even know no Old James...
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Not like when Judge Sanders got hired, way above politics then.

How do you judge his performance versus Higdon and Benson?
GoCougsGo

Post by GoCougsGo »

Everyone needs to google the BOT Confirmation hearings in the Senate and start around page 65 I believe. You will understand why people are so upset with the BOT. It's a long read but the fix was definitely on.
hungry

Post by hungry »

So, Glenn did o.k. for 4 years. (Non-political opinion.) Better than Higdon & Benson at staying out of athletic department other than brief skirmish after Heath firing.
BTW- If they hire Doug Wojcik I'm outta here. I'm just saying.
bojack

Post by bojack »

This is my first time seeing this thread, :lol: funny as hell.

Its always the sky is falling, I'm moving to canader when the pc wingnuts don't get their way.
If everyone was intellectually honest :lol: :roll: , they would have to admit that the latest prez did a pretty good job guiding the college through the last four years during a time when other college admins failed miserably....or lets just call everyone a Nazi racist bigot , pat ourselves on the back and call it a day. wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!:lol: