worst team in one of worst conferences

This is the place to talk smack.
hungry

worst team in one of worst conferences

Post by hungry »

Not sure this is a beat-down. Just the facts. Even sadder is that the heart (Elon) and soul (Davidson) of the SoCon-fused have a foot out the door. Some here thought this was our home.

from P&C-

Southern Conference basketball coaches and media both picked The Citadel to finish last in the 11-team league this season, according to polls released today.

SOCON MEDIA POLL

Team (First-place votes) Points

1. Elon (14) 270

2. Davidson (12) 268

3. Western Carolina 233

4. Samford 176

5. Wofford 165

6. Appalachian State 164

7. Chattanooga 161

8. UNCG 98

9. Furman 69

10. Georgia Southern 66

11. The Citadel 46

Elon was chosen by both coaches and media as the preseason favorite, with defending champion Davidson second in both polls.

SOCON COACHES POLL

Team (First-place votes) Points

1.Elon (7) 96

2. Davidson (3) 90

3. Western Carolina (1) 82

4. Appalachian State 67

(tie) Samford 67

6. Wofford 57

7. Chattanooga 50

8. UNCG 32

9. Georgia Southern 20

10. Furman 20

11. The Citadel 14

Davidson forward De’Mon Brooks was named preseason player of the year by league coaches. No Citadel players made the 10-man preseason all-SoCon squad.

The Bulldogs were 8-22 last season and recently lost junior forward P.J. Horgan, who has had to give up basketball due to a back injury. The Citadel opens the season Nov. 8 at VMI in the All-Military Classic.
charlestondxman

Re: worst team in one of worst conferences

Post by charlestondxman »

It is sad. A team that didn't even draw 50% capacity against CofC, their biggest rival, and has a tiny following.

Hard to believe only five seasons ago they won 20 games and the next year hosted Michigan State.
hungry

Re: worst team in one of worst conferences

Post by hungry »

I'm re-reading Beach Music by Pat's cousin. I never thought Chuckie would pull this off. I wouldn't want to recruit there.