Cougar Blog

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
GACoug
Site Admin

Cougar Blog

Post by GACoug »

Cougarsurf11 is blogging about the Cougs.
http://holycityhoops.com
cougarsurf11

Re: Cougar Blog

Post by cougarsurf11 »

Thanks for the mention here, Ego. The blog started last spring as part of a class project and I've kept it up since graduation. I noticed that there wasn't really a Cougar blog out there like other schools have. King Kresse is written as if I'm talking to a student next to me at a game. My goal is to offer a perspective outside that of CofCSports.com or any other typical game summary or analysis.

Some of the more popular posts include the Lime Green Sweater piece and the Andrew Goudelock senior highlight video.

Feel free to email me or post any comments you may have. I'm always looking for an article from guest writers to mix things up a bit. As long as it's engaging, unique and well-written I'll gladly post it. Go Cougars!
FrenchBallaX

Post by FrenchBallaX »

Nice blog, keep up the good work.
JohnMoc1

Post by JohnMoc1 »

I enjoy your blog a great deal....Keep up the good work...
rett guerry

Post by rett guerry »

Just a suggestion: add a section called " Numb's weekly rant". Get Numb to contribute his unique perspective and keep things fired up.
hungry

Post by hungry »

I wonder if numb got his Pink Floyd tix yet. Possibly he gets a permanent backstage pass?
cougarsurf11

Post by cougarsurf11 »

Big stuff on the horizon. I know a lot of you last year followed the fantastic "Scanning the SoCon" series over at the Chattanooga blog Mocs Mania. The column is back this year with representatives from all twelve SoCon schools including the Cougars (me, over at King Kresse).

There's a lot more to look forward to this year. In addition to the weekly post that has four bloggers reviewing games, previewing the next week and selecting a game of the week; there will also be season previews, power rankings voted on by all twelve writers, roundtable discussions and lots of potentially heated banter between myself and casual Mocs fans. It's the best SoCon basketball coverage on the internet by far and really provides a diversity of opinion amongst some very intelligent contributors.

I'll post links to the weekly Scanning the Socon on my blog and every thing I personally contribute will appear on King Kresse as well (in addition to my usual coverage of CofC basketball). I think you guys will really enjoy what we're doing. Thanks for reading King Kresse and please feel free to throw suggestions my way.
JohnMoc1

Post by JohnMoc1 »

Really looking forward to the Scanning the SoCon for this year. Should be really good- we have a lot of really smart fans in the SoCon that like to talk about their teams. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, the team by team daily previews have been out of this world good so far. You won't find better previews of each team anywhere. You might be able to find a better preview of CofC somewhere, but that place wouldn't have as good of information on, say, Appalachian State. It's been really interesting to read everyone's perspective on their team.

Georgia Southern's came out today. Charleston's will be tomorrow. The Mocs will be on Saturday, followed by the first Scanning the SoCon on Sunday.

Really glad to have the King Kresse blog involved in this. He does excellent work.
hungry

Post by hungry »

Don't forget to check in kingkresse.com regularly
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Like the last blog. Just out of curiosity what have you heard about O`Donahue. He is the 2nd highest rated player on the team coming out of high school besides Baru. He was the second highest rated freshman coming into the CAA this season as a freshman. I realize hype out of high school does not always equate to actuality in college. Big men usually slower to make their presence felt in college also than the guard types. Just wondering how he is doing in practice.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
cougarsurf11

Post by cougarsurf11 »

I haven't heard much about O'Donohue other than the brief mention in Miller's review of the practice he saw. He said O'Donohue looked good but somewhat behind Chealey in his readiness. I still think he will be good enough to fill Sundberg's minutes right away though.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

I thought it was strange having four guards and only one big man on the all conference team. I always thought all conference was picked by position. Wojcik also mentioned being concerned about scoring more points. My major concern with this team. We need a lot more consistent scoring outside to accomplish this than we have had the last severel seasons. My thoughts are the most consistent shooter outside after a few games will end up being our starting 2 guard.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

On your last point on the Dave game I have to credit McKillops defense in that last 4 seconds. His plan to keep the ball out of Barry hands and force a freshman to take the final shot was worked to perfection. Cougars had to go with what they gave them on that last shot.
cougarsurf11

Post by cougarsurf11 »

Refreshing this page for the first time in a while.

This blog now lives on http://holycityhoops.com/ and has some new folks helping me contribute more regular posts.

I've also started a CofC basketball podcast that you can find on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify and the website. First episode is an interview with Coach Grant, second episode is a team-by-team conference preview with Brian Mull (Blue Ribbon, College Insider, The Athletic).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hol ... %3Fp%3D516

Hope you enjoy!
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Good info always
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Hope Cougarsurf11 does a blog after first 4 games