Harvey Transferring

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
matrojan

Harvey Transferring

Post by matrojan »

Feel for the kid that he didn't transfer over the summer.
Just doesnt seem to fit what Kelsey wants at the 5 spot.

I just couldnt understand why you don't give him ANY run when our two top 5's are both majorly foul prone.
swampcougar1

Re: Harvey Transferring

Post by swampcougar1 »

matrojan wrote:Feel for the kid that he didn't transfer over the summer.

I just couldnt understand why you don't give him ANY run when our two top 5's are both majorly foul prone.
Suspect may have been encouraged. Timing seems odd.
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
Comp Time

Post by Comp Time »

matrojan wrote:Feel for the kid that he didn't transfer over the summer.

He hasn't played this season because he had a pretty major concussion just before our first game and was in concussion protocol until Wed or Thur of this week. Strange to see him transfer when he was finally going to get some playing time.
charlestondxman

Post by charlestondxman »

I think he was the guy who got COVID last year causing the first pause. He was a regular contributor then barely played afterwards. He got 2 3s in the Drexel CAA tourney game but before he only got one point in the previous 5 games after the restart.

A shame. He would have developed completely differently if we had a normal season last year.
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

Obviously we don't know the reasons...

But it boggles my mind that we can't give Keegan Harvey enough minutes to make him feel like he has a home in Charleston.
hungry

Post by hungry »

After last night and UNC I didn't see that we're over-loaded with combat-ready bigs.
I know Harvey not a heavy-weight but he certainly provided good minutes. I agree, I don't see how he couldn't get some meaningful minutes. Hope Coach would step up and explain with something other "different style" or "didn't fit in to what we want to do".
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

hungry wrote:After last night and UNC I didn't see that we're over-loaded with combat-ready bigs.
I know Harvey not a heavy-weight but he certainly provided good minutes. I agree, I don't see how he couldn't get some meaningful minutes. Hope Coach would step up and explain with something other "different style" or "didn't fit in to what we want to do".
Some here do not seem to understand he was on concussion protocol and only last week cleared to play. Do not understand his decision to leave myself but not playing was medical and not on the coach
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

I understand that Swamp, but there had to be some conversation in there between Keegan and coach that made him not like his prospects here once he came off protocol.

I assume that he wanted to make the announcement now so he can leave mid year and not burn eligibility. Not sure if he can play right away.
Comp Time

Post by Comp Time »

hungry wrote:After last night and UNC I didn't see that we're over-loaded with combat-ready bigs.
Why would a coach ever do this publicly? Let's pretend that Kelsey gives an honest assessment of Harvey that led to this decision; it's obviously not going to be flattering. The second he does this, he is instantly labelled as anti-player and a guy who trashes his own players. He loses credibility with every coach, AAU outfit, prospective athlete and families. It will be used against him in recruiting in perpetuity. I know those of us on the internet would love a detailed explanation, but there is simply nothing to be gained by any head coach doing this. That's the reason you will never hear a good coach ever address it, and they will simply praise the kid and wish him luck that he finds a system that fits his skills.
matrojan

Post by matrojan »

Keegan going to GW.
Jamion Christian is the coach there.
That happened pretty quickly, makes me wonder if this was coming from Keegan's end not ours.
Comp Time

Post by Comp Time »

GW looks to be a good fit for him. They have some skilled bigs, so he won't have to bang down low which is not his game. He can work as a stretch 4 and shoot, which is really his skill set, and is something GW is lacking. Hope he does well.