internet radio

Keep discussion unrelated to the Cougars here.

Will anyone actually pay for the radio feed?

Total votes: 0

GACoug
Site Admin

internet radio

Post by GACoug »

Someone in the admin thought it would be a good idea to start charging for the radio thread. I wonder who's brainfart that was? Way for the admin to try to stick it to the fans who live out of town and are trying to keep up with the team.

I won't be paying the $40 for the feed. If an opponent doesn't have internet radio I won't be listening.

Way to go guys, you're freaking geniuses!
PaintedCougar

Post by PaintedCougar »

I agree 100%. What are they thinking? I was pissed when i went to listen to the Furple game and noticed this fee garbage! WAY TO DISCOURAGE FANS AND POTENTIAL FUTURE FANS!!!!
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Each week I wil put up a link on the main page to both the CofC feed and the opponent's feed as well if they have one. Both are already up for the game on Saturday.

There is also a link to email Baker and Higdon if you want to let them know what you think about the move.
PaintedCougar

Post by PaintedCougar »

Ego,
Appearantly, we weren't the only ones bothered by this and the admin. has changed it back!!!

"CofC Internet Broadcasts Can Be Heard For Free – Jan. 20, 2005

Charleston, S.C. -- The College of Charleston announced Thursday that internet broadcasts of Cougar basketball and baseball games can be heard live on the school's website for free.

"We have the greatest fans in college athletics and we want to make sure they can enjoy our broadcasts anywhere around the globe at no cost to them," said Tony Ciuffo, the school's Asst. AD for media relations and the Cougars' play-by-play voice. "All we'll ask fans to do is register on-line and sit back and enjoy."

The school's web address is http://www.cofcsports.com.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

I know a few that complained. They also, from what I understand, got a lot of Emails. Sometimes speaking up does work:)
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Not a great move to start with, but it is good to see them change so quickly. They must have gotten a lot of complaints.

I will have to take the complaint link down (and the link to ASU Feed). Actually I think I will leave the email link up and suggest that people contact them to praise the quick 180 in mentality.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Leave the ASU link up just in case some can get the Cougar link for some reaon. Does not hurt to have to directions to go
cofcgrad02

opponents' feeds

Post by cofcgrad02 »

I concur with keeping the links to opponents' feed up. Over the course of this season there were numerous times where the CofC feed simply didn't work at all and I was forced to look around for another way of listening to the game. It is great they're offering it for free again, as even though sometimes I am discouraged with the broadcasts I'd rather hear things from a Cougar point of view(and crowd noises are WAY better on our feed than on, say, Davidson's, where I couldn't hear much of anything other than the announcer).
cofcxc

Radio feed and media guides

Post by cofcxc »

We don't do ALOT of things well as far as promoting athletics at C of C, but there is probably some cost to the school they are trying to recoup.

The best example I can think of is that you have to be in an elite giving level to the Cougar Club (most donors don't get one) to have the privilege of a media guide being bestowed upon you. I mean what the hay- most schools are throwing these things around like confetti and we toss them around like man hole covers.

Need to promote. Better ALUMNI relations= give us free radio and a darn media guide! Happier Alumni= more $$ Jerry!! Better facilties and possibly a team that can finish in the Top 20 again before my kids are in college.