Davidson

This is the spot to talk about cougar basketball.
GACoug
Site Admin

Davidson

Post by GACoug »

Had the chance at the end, BJack missed a layup on a great pass. :x
davids

Post by davids »

Nice site, ego. Hope you don't mind the presence of an "enemy". I was impressed with the Cougars today. Tony Mitchell was fabulous in the second half and your guys played very tough D all game.
Cougar2345

to davids

Post by Cougar2345 »

Good D and and $1 will get you a cup of coffee...

We are in for a long season in Conference play..

Can we get the trifecta ( a loss to Furman for 3 in a row) on Monday?

Go TH I dont know where but GO !!!!
charlottecougar

Post by charlottecougar »

I'll move over to the new site. Bookmarking it now. Thanks for doing this, altered.

Went to the game today. Last time I saw us play up here was the 15 point second half comeback our first SoCon season. I thought we were going to be able to pull off another one.

Davidson took it deep into the shot clock on almost every possession. They were just patient and waited for one of our defenders to lose track of his man so they could have an open shot. It seemed to happen a lot but especially every time we mounted a comeback and seemed to be gaining some momentum. No communication on D, no one warning each other of picks coming. Actually played zone for a few seconds a couple of times during the game.

Crowd was surprisingly light, I think because of the UNC/Wake game. Pretty good CofC contingent there. Did they say anything about that on the radio?

It would be nice if Drew could stay in the game. I like Dontaye's increased confidence (good creative play and pass to Bernard at the end) but he now sometimes forces it and gets out of control once in a while like Tony did the last two years. Good thing Tony was there today, he put us on his shoulders and almost carried us to the win. Horowitz actually had some good spurts today (maybe it was for the "home" crowd), but just as he would do something good Herrion would take him out. Amazing watching Josh on defense - talk about lost. I see what you guys have been talking about. I'd like to know what the status of Stanley's wrist is - he just doesn't look comfortable out there.

There is definitely potential on this team. If they learn to play as a team and continue to improve, they'll have as good a shot as anyone in the tournament. They need to make that extra pass or two more often.

Sorry for the long post but it's been a while.
Need to beat Furman to stay above .500 and keep the confidence up.
Go Cougs!
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

This is fantastic EGO. Killed me when Bernard missed the layup. Will never knock Bernard though. He is all heart. Could not believe cremins when he said this was a good loss for the Cougars after the game. No loss is a good loss and as a former coach you would think he would know that
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

David you know the Cougars welcome you anytime. Looking forward to the rematch.