GSU students

This is the place to talk smack.
cougcagers

GSU students

Post by cougcagers »

They really do get the cream of the crop down there in Statesboro...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... onds1.html
hungry

Post by hungry »

Bonds might be the best ballplayer ever. We didn't see all of them play. so it's hard to judge. The last two years, when you know positively that he's been clean, he's still hitting home runs at a pretty good per at bat clip. That takes into account missed games and walks drawn, also at a record rate. He has such great natural talent, it's a shame he brought this ostracism upon himself.
I think the biggest benenfit he may have gotten from anything he took wasn't so much performance enhancement as much as injury avoidance, which is also a benefit of some drugs. I think he felt pressured to do something during the McGuire/Sosa race, if he suspected they were taking something and were going to get away with it.
It would have been better if his personal ethic had kept him from doing it, but there is a huge desire to put up the best numbers for posterity.
hungry

Post by hungry »

I've always liked Barry to the extent I could overlook his attitude. Since I'm not black, I don't know what it's like for him. He shouldn't be rude, though. If you listen to Bobby Hartin, he hates him. Oh, well. Too bad Pittsburgh couldn't have afforded to keep him and Jim Leyland together 15 years ago. Things would have been better all around.
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

Wonder how Eagleskins will rationalize this one (got the link off of the Davidson board)

http://savannahnow.com/node/276695
cougcagers

Post by cougcagers »

I read somewhere that UTC is losing football scholarships as well.