GSU vs. CofC

This is the place to talk smack.
eagleskins

Post by eagleskins »

You do realize we own you(GSU)? Something like 7 out of the last 8. Imagine if you could field a football team.
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

You sound really proud of that fact Eagle. Way to go kid. You guys rock. :roll: Guess we should just forfeit our games with the mighty Eagles this year seeing as it's futile to compete with you guys.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Wow, so what your saying is that Herrion was a bad coach, thanks for letting us in on that.

Before Herrion, I'd bet that Davidson was the only team that had a winning record against us in the SoCon. UTC was probably close.
swampcougar1

Post by swampcougar1 »

Such a proud tradition at GSU. How many times have you ever made it past the second round of the conference tourney. Oops. I forgot. You are proud of recruiting players out of prison ala your last star. A convicted armed robber who was serving a prison term before going to GSU
You are who you are because you are who you want to be
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

I'm sorry, I was wrong UTC wasn't close. They only had one conference win against us until Tommy came aboard.

Now that we have a new coach, I'm sure we'll be taking GSU/Price to the woodshed on a regular basis again. :violent1:
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

What some GSU folks don't understand is ...
When we had an idiot coach, we lined up to pay him off and ran his sorry butt out of Dodge.
Meanwhile, in Statesboro ...
GSU under Price is the conference's poster child for slippery recruiting, off-court "image" problems, and predictable underachievement.
AND THEY'RE PROUD OF HIM!
It's a matter of perspective.
eagleskins

Post by eagleskins »

Seenitall55 wrote:What some GSU folks don't understand is ...
When we had an idiot coach, we lined up to pay him off and ran his sorry butt out of Dodge.
Meanwhile, in Statesboro ...
GSU under Price is the conference's poster child for slippery recruiting, off-court "image" problems, and predictable underachievement.
AND THEY'RE PROUD OF HIM!
It's a matter of perspective.
I'm not proud of Price. He chokes in the tourney. But, enlighten me on the off court image problems. Seems to me CofC chokes just as much as GSU in the tourney.
chascougs

Post by chascougs »

Uh...seems to me we've at least won the thing and made the finals another. Next argument please.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Eagleskins,

The point is, because we were lucky enough to actually gain a semblance of mid-majority at one time, we have the benefit of perspective. It didn't take some of us long to realize that Herrion was a charlatan and snake-oil salesman who wasn't ready to be a D-I head coach.
If you folks had that perspective, you'd realize that Price is one baby step up the food chain from Herrion. Indeed, the similarity is glaring. Acceptable record, achieved with talented players but mediocre people.
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

Remind me who was still playing after the conference tourney? Remind me who barely beat a slack ass Georgia State team with their new, improved, hall of fame head coach.
GACoug
Site Admin

Post by GACoug »

Have fun tonight. Hopefully Duke doesn't double you up.
VolleyBallCoug

Post by VolleyBallCoug »

Nesbitt>Draper wrote:Remind me who was still playing after the conference tourney? Remind me who barely beat a slack $%^ Georgia State team with their new, improved, hall of fame head coach.
Wow bumped this thread from Aug 25th. Football season that bad? :pottytrain5:
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

My thoughts exactly.
Jeff Price=Frank Kerns Lite
What correspondence school do they attend nowadays.
Southeastern Aviation Bible Tech Day Institute?
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

Tell Jeff that banlon shirts and sansabelts went out in '71.
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

VolleyBallCoug wrote:
Nesbitt>Draper wrote:Remind me who was still playing after the conference tourney? Remind me who barely beat a slack $%^ Georgia State team with their new, improved, hall of fame head coach.
Wow bumped this thread from Aug 25th. Football season that bad? :pottytrain5:
The thread wasn't very hard to find. It was only like 4 or 5 down the list. Seems you guys haven't been beating down much since February.

If you haven't noticed, it is basketball season, so my presence here has nothing to do with our football season.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

I wouldn't want to talk about it either.
Georgia Southern football, that is.
Basketball is a much more complex subject ... which is why I wouldn't expect a GSU fan to understand it.
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

I understand basketball realtively well. It's not hard to understand that CofC is on a 3, soon to be 5 or 6 game losing streak.

BTW, what's the point of talking football on this board anyway. It's not like you guys have a team. Yeah, our season was bad, but at least we had something to do on Saturdays instead of make meth and fight with our teammates.
Seenitall55

Post by Seenitall55 »

It's always good to keep your thugs occupied, eh?
Seriously, as most here could tell you, I'm a long-time CofC fan who never drank the Herrion Kool Aid.
My point relating to Ga Southern is this ...
Under Herrion, we became what they are -- a poorly coached band of rogues. Capable of winning or losing each and every game. But losing most (if not all) of the big ones to less-talented, better-coached teams.
No doubt, CofC has a long road ahead to return to better days.
Georgia Southern has no better days to return to.
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

Seenitall55 wrote:It's always good to keep your thugs occupied, eh?
Seriously, as most here could tell you, I'm a long-time CofC fan who never drank the Herrion Kool Aid.
My point relating to Ga Southern is this ...
Under Herrion, we became what they are -- a poorly coached band of rogues. Capable of winning or losing each and every game. But losing most (if not all) of the big ones to less-talented, better-coached teams.
No doubt, CofC has a long road ahead to return to better days.
Georgia Southern has no better days to return to.
Just the ones ahead. While we will develop into a top mid-major, you will still be holding on to your glory days...watch out, they'll pass you by.
CofCougar08

Post by CofCougar08 »

seriously man, jeff price cannot take you there. I understand pride in your team, but price = herrion. How many tourney games have you choked? Yup, about as many as we have under Herrion. Look at McKillop, all around fantastic for davidson. A real coach makes something out of nothing AND preserves the integrity of the institution that is named on those jerseys. Price and Herrion failed to understand this. We fell from the top, and you were never there. We may get back to the top with Cremins, or another coach but as long as you are stuck with Price...well...you're stuck. Sorry to break it to you.
Proud to be a Cougar
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

Papa Guido wrote:
Nesbitt>Draper wrote: Just the ones ahead. While we will develop into a top mid-major, you will still be holding on to your glory days...watch out, they'll pass you by.
I saw Georgia Southern is profiled as the team of the day on the Mid-Majority page ( http://www.midmajority.com/ ). Funny how they are 0-3 in the NCAA Tourney and their last appearance was in 1992. And the trivia question is about football...

Seems our glory days were much more glorious and haven't nearly as passed as yours! :wav:
Our glory days haven't happened yet. And yes, Price can take us there. We went from a heavily sanctioned, fewest point record holding, scrub of a basketball team to a SoCon contender and NIT bid winner in a very short period of time. We are definately headed in a different direction than you guys. BTW, comparing Price and Herrion is rediculous. Price has improved the program since he came here, plus he doesn't make an ass of himself at every opportunity.
Cougs92

Post by Cougs92 »

Homo say what?
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

Papa Guido wrote:
Nesbitt>Draper wrote:Our glory days haven't happened yet.
Then I guess that would be like us bragging on the future of our football program. We were undefeated again this year! :hello1:
The difference is we actually have a basketball team, and it is progressing (NIT bid, conference/division champs) while you guys do not have a football team and won't for the forseeable future.
Cougs92

Post by Cougs92 »

Yeah, your football team is something to shout about, I can see why we should feel so empty inside because we don't have one.
Nesbitt>Draper

Post by Nesbitt>Draper »

Cougs92 wrote:Yeah, your football team is something to shout about, I can see why we should feel so empty inside because we don't have one.
You are either retarded or ignorant if you think that Georgia Southern football is not something to be proud of. Name me one team that has won 6 national championships in 25 years and has only had 2 losing seasons in their history... I asked this before; Why are you guys talking football anyway? That's right, you're not in any position to lay the "beat down" when you're in the middle of a 4 game, soon to be 5 or 6 game losing streak.