Register    Login    Forum    Chat     FAQ

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball

Post subject: presbyterian
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:15 pm 

About the only thing I know about them is this game will show us more about who the Cougars are than Benedict did. Hope attendance steps up. Thursday night about what I expected for an exhibition game. Also did not help with some local high schools including JI and Wando decided to play football Thurs night because of predicted rain tonight. Also hope some of the piped music is cut to give the pep band more of a chance to be heard

Post subject: Re: presbyterian
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:23 pm 

Pep band looked and sounded great last night. Great student turnout but for the love of all that’s holy, it’s a basketball game, can you please try and act like you’re invested in the game and at least stand for player introduction? Hate sounding like a disgusted baby boomer but I guess that’s what I am!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 pm 

Vote early so you can come to the game!
Not good scheduling also considering that students are on fall break!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 pm 

Fall break will pretty much be over by the time this game is going on. And a lot of students stay in town then. So I’d be surprised if they have trouble filling the student section.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 am 

This game will be on roku. Glad to see caa on roku again. Can rewatch the games

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:17 am 

Kind of a ragged start for CofC tonight. Down 8 in the early going, but found a way to come back and took advantage of our size. I believe I heard we had 22 offensive rebounds. Riller with 27 points.

Brantley with a great 19-14 line. Also good efforts with Moore and Jasper. About 3,700 tonight. Crowd was mostly quiet until the 2nd half as we were struggling to get energy in the arena. Student section showed up early, but it wasn’t until about 8 minutes to go that it got loud.

But we won without having to use Pointer and with McManus only playing 14 minutes. Northeastern, without Occeus and Borsiquot lost to Boston U at home tonight.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 am 

Decent crowd. Glad to see so many students show up. Enjoyed the pep band. Played 3 freshmen 19 minutes or more and another 12. Just need game time playing this many.new pieces. Moore biggest surprise so far.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:34 pm 

Really impressed by Galloway, Jasper and Moore. Didn't know Brevin could defend and rebound like that. Jasper had very few freshman moments, but there was not much fall off from Pointer to him. Moore was awesome. Great activity around the basket and showed he can hit from three. Both Jasper and Moore need help when they get pushed into the paint, but otherwise I thought they had very solid debuts.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:47 pm 

Appeared to me that several players (e.g., thRiller, McManus, Harris) bulked up during off season. Who is our S&C man now? (Marc Proto on CofC site, but don't think I saw him last night)

Post game interview with Grant made it sound like he'll be playing more pg.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:42 pm 

proto was there. he always sits on the baseline. Good win shouldve been bigger though. We will have to play better Saturday vs Western. They are much more physical.

I love Moore's game but he is a string bean. He cant hold ground in the post. He is going to be a weapon for us on the boards and offense. Just needs a good 15-20 lbs.

Harris is as soft as a marshmellow. Grow a pair dood! Be mean. If he doesnt get tougher he will be riding pine all season.

Jasper looked good, too. He got lost on defense a little bit, but he was going up against a 5th year senior. He will spell Pointer very well once Marquise is back.

Speaking of Marquise. Who takes a seat in the starting 5 when he is back? I say Jasper but I could also see Galloway.

Brantley, didnt play super well but still gets 19 & 14. good work! just dont force anymore 3s

Nice to have McManus back

Grant "do work" thRILLER is almost unstoppable 27 points on 10-20 shooting. He missed a few bunnies too. Also, never seen him be as vocal to the refs as he was. #3 wanted to talk trash to Riller but Grant quickly shut that punk up

Galloway is tough and can just do about everything you ask for. Harris take some lessons from Brevin's toughness

HC EGrant will reallly show what kind of coach he is this season. A lot of high expectations now. Will he handle it well?

15 in a row I believe at home... @WCU then vs RI... 2-0 would be great.

Go Cougs!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:56 pm 

Last 9 or 10 minutes Grant only used 6 players.3 freshmen, Galloway Riller and Brantley. Was it just coincidental that was the best ten minute stretch of the game

Last edited by swampcougar1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:42 pm 

Jarrell was terribly inefficient early on. TO's, bricks, uncharacteristic FT misses.. but we all know JBs fire so we can just chalk it off to adrenaline.

Harris is who he is. I have given up thinking he can change. He doesn't win inside against smaller guys and small ball teams just pull him out to the perimeter where he is a liability.

As I suspected we are gonna see GR doing more and more ballhandling to support us while Marquis is out and to develop him for the NBA.

Zep looked very confident out there. Remarkable for a freshman even redshirt. We lost Joe's polish and brilliance running the offense but Zep has upside.

Brevin also looked much more confident. He was a deer in Headlights last year in the GAS.

The freshman look like a really high upside group. Earl, as long as we can keep him, is hitting the point where we are simply reloading not rebuilding.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:11 pm 

Presbyterian tied with Marquette in second half

And Marquette pulls away in last ten minutes.

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball