Register    Login    Forum    Chat     FAQ

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball

Post subject: Re: Riller
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm 

I can see Riller going to a Power 5 to improve his draft stock... it only makes sense. I dont want him to go but wouldnt blame him.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 pm 

nvrgivup_gocougs wrote:
I can see Riller going to a Power 5 to improve his draft stock... it only makes sense. I dont want him to go but wouldnt blame him.

I hear this sentiment about a number of mid-major stars, but I cannot think of anyone who did it where it was successful. Many have tried (Canyon Barry, Damion Lee, Mikyle McIntosh come to mind recently) but all went undrafted. Transferring to NC State hasn't helped CJ Bryce (not listed in top 100 draft prospects). I'm sure they exist, but I cannot think of any player in the past 5 years who grad transferred from a mid-major to a Power 5 and then got drafted after not being considered a legit prospect before that decision.

I think the Wright-Foreman or Chealey path is the better path. Stay at your school, rack up gaudy numbers, and be beloved by your fanbase forever. If you are good, the NBA will find you - they don't care where you went to college.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 am 

Comp Time wrote:
nvrgivup_gocougs wrote:

I hear this sentiment about a number of mid-major stars, but I cannot think of anyone who did it where it was successful. Many have tried (Canyon Barry, Damion Lee, Mikyle McIntosh come to mind recently) but all went undrafted. Transferring to NC State hasn't helped CJ Bryce (not listed in top 100 draft prospects). I'm sure they exist, but I cannot think of any player in the past 5 years who grad transferred from a mid-major to a Power 5 and then got drafted after not being considered a legit prospect before that decision.

I think the Wright-Foreman or Chealey path is the better path. Stay at your school, rack up gaudy numbers, and be beloved by your fanbase forever. If you are good, the NBA will find you - they don't care where you went to college.

Could not have said it better. Taking it a little further some TX (Barry) and do not even start that last year of college. Riller already on the scouts radar here. If they think he is good enough he will be drafted wherever he plays

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 pm 

Was told last night by the AD Riller will be playing for the Cougars next season. Has no desire to go the grad TX route.

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball