Register    Login    Forum    Chat     FAQ

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball

Post subject: Re: 2018 non conference schedule
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm 

Comp Time wrote:
As long as CSU and ElCid require us to pay them to play a game, they aren't going to show up on the schedule. Eisberg should talk to the AD at both of those schools and convince them to play us straight up with no "buy" involved.

Is this really true or rumor? I find it really hard to believe this from cid & csu.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 pm 

CItadel is not willing to play a home and home anymore as they are just asking us to pay them a guarantee game to play at our place. It makes no sense as we are the only game that even fills up half of their arena. Wofford supposedly was asking for guarantee and not wanting to play a home and home. Lot of schools will pass up the home game for the guarantee they need the money so bad. Must make for some really bad home schedules for their fans. CSU is more we are not going to play in their high school gym.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:18 pm 

Sweetpea, I don't care that Earl played there. He coached at Clemson and they are not on the schedule. No excuse to schedule down as should have played them instead of Benedict in the exhibition game.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 pm 

goferrgc wrote:
CItadel is not willing to play a home and home anymore as they are just asking us to pay them a guarantee game to play at our place. It makes no sense as we are the only game that even fills up half of their arena. Wofford supposedly was asking for guarantee and not wanting to play a home and home. Lot of schools will pass up the home game for the guarantee they need the money so bad. Must make for some really bad home schedules for their fans. CSU is more we are not going to play in their high school gym.

That's really nuts. I guess the morons in charge don't have the ability to figure in no added travel, hotel, food, time costs regarding playing local d1, not to mention the extra fan interest & rpi bump for playing the cougs. Screw them I guess. Low mid majors are really shooting themselves in the foot with that mindset.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 pm 

goferrgc wrote:
Sweetpea, I don't care that Earl played there. He coached at Clemson and they are not on the schedule. No excuse to schedule down as should have played them instead of Benedict in the exhibition game.

so you HAVE heard of it?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm 

No Sweetpea I have seen the name on Earl's Bio but was not familiar with it as far as where they are located, what non D1 division and conference they play in etc. I try not to know much about all the non D1's out there from D2, D3, NAIA and NCCAA since we should not be playing them. I try to keep up with the D1's as even a couple of new teams are in the D1 transition phase (North Alabama and California Baptist). Again you can have my tickets, parking and passes for the Georgia College game no charge.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm 

Clemson & South Carolina should play us.
Most of our D1 OOC games courtesy of ESPN pre-season tournament & linked games. Guess we'd better keep playing those.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:03 am 

bojack wrote:
Comp Time wrote:
As long as CSU and ElCid require us to pay them to play a game, they aren't going to show up on the schedule. Eisberg should talk to the AD at both of those schools and convince them to play us straight up with no "buy" involved.

Is this really true or rumor? I find it really hard to believe this from cid & csu.

ElCid, CSU, and Wofford all wanted somewhere around a six-figure guarantee "buy" to play us. No thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 pm 

goferrgc wrote:
No Sweetpea I have seen the name on Earl's Bio but was not familiar with it as far as where they are located, what non D1 division and conference they play in etc. I try not to know much about all the non D1's out there from D2, D3, NAIA and NCCAA since we should not be playing them. I try to keep up with the D1's as even a couple of new teams are in the D1 transition phase (North Alabama and California Baptist). Again you can have my tickets, parking and passes for the Georgia College game no charge.

No thanks. Not worth hearing your repetitive and tedious rants.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 pm 

Sorry to hear that Sweetpea. I am guessing you are from up North with your response as just trying to give you some free tickets. I am glad you like the Non D1 regular season games as I will be never be content with scheduling down and I have the right to complain about it as I am a donor and season ticket holder. Lot of good people on this board as went to lunch today with Swamp and we both agree you may be the biggest asshole on this board since Backscreen.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm 

OK, then, gofer.
Keep on being tedious. WE get it. you don't like non-D1's. I don't either. But, rather than being predictably histrionic about it I find other outlets.

I am from up north. Northern part of southern West Ashley and lived on the north side of Wentworth street among others while at CofC. Oh, I also spend some time on the northern side of Edisto Island.

It was good to see you and many other Cougs in San Diego (even the northern side included). I hope we don' t have another 19 year hiatus (which would be 8 years shorter than how many years I have been a donor)---does that meet your standards of "right to complain"?

My point?: lighten up, Francis. See the big picture. Getting to the point where you call a fellow fan an a**hole over a disagreement on levels of dislike of a non-D1 scheduled game tells me you are wound a little tight on the issue.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm 

finally a little life on this board :lol:

Six figures??? :lol: I'd offer them 1002.98 and a big bucket of chicken to beat their pussy fanook asssses.
I hope they enjoy their careers in perpetual obscurity.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

backscreen wasn’t an asshole, he just said things people didn’t want to hear long before others started jumping in

https://www.facebook.com/CEBC.Beer

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm 

Yep. If they actually want to have a game, why not have Citadel, CSU, CofC and a decent outside team play on a December Saturday at the Coliseum? You could get 5,000 plus for a DH. You could rotate the opponents every year.

I remember 8-10 years ago CSU would sometimes have some of their big games at the Coliseum. They played VT, Tulane and Auburn there, and CofC a lot. I think the last time they played that there was Goudelock’s senior year.

You could even have MyTV televise it. They’ve had about every other sports right in Charleston (most of the Battery schedule, a couple of Fleet women’s games, the HS football package, 10 Sunday RiverDogs games), but dropped our games last year because they were charging for us to show them.

Sinclair owns something like 150+ stations, and I’m sure they could find some decent carriage for these games. MyTV is #5 in a 5 station market, and they could use the boost too.

The last time Citadel and CofC played at MFH was the day that Citadel and CSU had a FCS playoff game at CSU and probably half the crowd that day at The Citadel were CofC fans.

P.S.: I remember when there were something like 30 regular members here, instead of the 7 or 8 we have now.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:32 pm 

It would be worth paying Clemson & USC to rotate as the "decent outside team". Sell outs with plenty of money to go around?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm 

Advocare Invitational bracket is out. We open with LSU, and are on the same side of the bracket as UAB and Florida State.

http://espnevents.com/advocare-invitati ... racket.pdf

Board index » Cougar Sports » Basketball